Due to continued growth we are now seeking an Assistant to help with the day to day running of the fabrication workshop. Duties include workshop administration, stock control and material handling. Previous experience of CE Marking would be advantageous but not essential as training would be given. Please contact Steve Gladwyn, Workshop Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please call 01981 240682.
Collins Design & Build Ltd have a vacancy for a talented and motivated Project Co-ordinator to support the design and project management teams in the delivery of commercial, industrial and housing projects. The role will be varied and will evolve according to the needs of individual project; full support and training will be given according to the individual’s needs and experience as a result.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in health and safety procedures and regulations, always being mindful of these throughout the project cycle. This role is primarily concerned with pre-construction, as you control projects from conception to completion, managing budgets and client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
The key responsibilities of a Project Co-Ordinator include, but are not limited to:
· Ensuring relevant drawings are distributed to all who need them
· Taking off and scheduling bulk materials
· Managing BREEAM targets (and similar environmental schemes), typically including:
o Assessing and understanding the BREEAM targets
o Reviewing drawings and specifications against the BREEAM targets to identify any conflict/shortfall, and working with the design team to rectify
o Liaising with estimators to highlight any cost implications
o Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they understand the requirements relevant to them
o Collating and scheduling various types of information and records relating to materials, transport and waste
· Producing and adapting risk assessments and method statements for construction operations, including design risk assessments
· Putting together safety files for upcoming projects
· Creating and maintaining waste management plans
· Collating as-built design information, operation and maintenance information and product warranties to create the post-completion health and safety file
· Maintaining personnel training records and organising training courses
With over 40 years’ experience covering Herefordshire and the neighbouring counties, Collins Design & Build offer the complete package from consultancy to construction. We operate across the commercial, industrial, residential and agricultural sectors. We have gained a reputation for high quality work and reliability throughout Herefordshire and the surrounding areas.
The key skills and qualities of a Project Co-Ordinator:
· Enthusiasm, along with the ability to work effectively as part of a professional team
· A sound knowledge of construction technology and the wider construction process
· The ability to research and understand new technical subjects
· Good verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly convey information to others
· The ability to work on own initiative
· Computer literacy, including the ability to create Excel spreadsheets and Word documents and maintain/organise folders on the network
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
To apply, please call 01981 240682.